Shared Services Manager
Weta Digital has a headcount of over 1500 crew members, a facilities team of 37, and are located across 12 sites in Wellington’s Eastern Suburbs. As the Shared Services Manager you will be responsible for delivering the best possible experience and work environment for Weta Digital’s extensive crew. You will capably and effectively lead the Facilities teams day to day operations, be the point of contact for a range of tasks – both regular calendar favourites and special one-off requests - and encourage and champion a culture that ensures quality services are delivered by the Facilities team.
This position is one of responsibility that requires leadership of your team and constant collaboration with others and you’ll use your great people skills to develop and maintain strong external relationships too.
As the Shared Services Manager you will:
- Lead a team of receptionists, liaisons, runners and other Facilities members to deliver an industry leading work environment for all Weta Digital crew across multiple sites.
- Build weekly rosters, manage team performance, conduct regular contract reviews, maintain team morale, engage in recruitment drives and provide training or improvements where needed.
- Be the ‘go-to person’ to manage and implement all special one-off requests. Ensuring a ‘best in class’ experience for crew. These events will include but not be limited to: morale boosters, events, screenings, VIP visits, press junkets and mocap shoots.
- Oversee the delivery of all catering, food and drink with kitchens, overtime meals (‘The Diner’), Friday ‘Beer-O-Clock’s’, flowers and alumni packs
- Maintain a timely inter-building ride service via Uber, taxis and/or drivers for all crew travelling between sites (i.e. for meetings or events). Manage the Departments fleet of vehicles.
- Ensure effective management of all daily incoming mail and parcels (Envoy) and arrange pick-up or delivery to all crew in a timely manner. Manage all stationary and maintain all stock levels.
- Manage the online retail shop (Shopify) including all sales, procurement, distribution and market research of crew gear.
- Use good business acumen to work within delegated financial limits and against set budgets to help drive good value for the business.
- Purposefully manage all key relationships, both internally and externally.
- Support and work collaboratively with the Facilities Head of Department
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- A strong track record of successfully leading a large team
- Current Full (New Zealand) Drivers Licence
- The ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines
- A keen eye for detail, plenty of energy and enthusiasm and an overall aspiration to deliver the best possible service to 1500+ crew
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- An understanding of the film industry and experience in facilities, commercial property and/or office management would also be beneficial.
Weta Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our diversity and believe in creating an environment where all our crew feel welcomed, respected, supported and appreciated. If you’re ready to join our amazing team, and work at one of the world’s premiere visual effects companies, please apply without delay.
Applicants must reside in NZ and be legal to work
Location: Wellington - New Zealand