Senior Business & System Analyst
Your focus will be to help the business get the most out of core platforms, with a demonstrated understanding of business processes and enterprise level software, including SAAS cloud-type products. This opportunity will suit a more technically minded Analyst with strong Application SDLC and Integration experience. You will assist the business in identifying challenges with the current systems and have proven ability to analyse and interpret information, deal with the challenges creatively and achieve solutions. You will be flexible and possess a willingness to take on new projects/roles and to contribute to the team's success in a variety of capacities.
This role is reporting to the IT PMO who manages programmes and projects across key business systems over a variety of platforms. We are a growing team and we’re looking for a business and technically minded individual to join us. Your passion for quality work and dedication to learning, growing, and thriving will make you one of Wētā FX’s subject matter experts.
We'd absolutely love to hear from you if you think our team sounds like one you might like to join - and if you have a good smattering of the following skills and competencies!
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Senior Business Systems Analyst with strong experience within a complex environment
- Ability to work under pressure restricted by time, to maintain systems integrity and customer satisfaction
- Ability to embrace change and have high resilience
- Strong at building relationships across and outside the business with experience working with and influencing a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to lead focus groups, facilitate workshops, agile ceremonies and work 1 on 1 with subject matter experts
- Analysing product owner and stakeholder objectives and map business processes & narratives that can be used across the studio
- Design ways to improve business processes by identifying alternative solutions, assessing feasibility, recommending new approaches
- Trace requirements from identification through to implementation, and challenge requirements, when necessary, to enable implementation of effective business solutions
- Translating requirements into clear user stories, flow diagrams, acceptance criteria, UI behaviours, full-stack process-flows
- Supporting testing activities and defect triage with appropriate teams
- Creating and contributing to operational and reporting collateral. Working with the business and technical teams to ensure all stakeholder needs are addressed and understood
- In-depth understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies i.e. Waterfall, Agile (Kanban, Scrum), Hybrid. Ideally with Digital Transformation Experience
- Proficient with JIRA/Confluence
- Office suite, reporting and collaboration software
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to communicate details in simple, clear language
You may also have these Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Kanban Facilitator or Scrum Master
- Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Reporting experience
- Production VFX or Film background preferred but not essential. More importantly, you'll have proven experience within your field.
Wētā FX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our diversity and believe in creating an environment where all our crew feel welcomed, respected, supported and appreciated.
Location: Wellington - Miramar