On-Set Production Coordinator (Sydney-based)
Reporting to the Senior Production Manager of Optical and working closely with the On Set Production Manager & Producer, the On Set Production Coordinator is responsible for supporting Wētā FX’s On Set HOD and On Set VFX team. The role includes scheduling of data capture in a live action environment, planning of equipment and location requirements for shoots, coordinating transport and crew logistics and recording/reporting relevant shoot information.
We are looking for Sydney-based applicants as this role is for a Sydney-based shoot.
Needs to do -
- Support On Set HOD’s approved shoot plan, this may include coordinating logistics (equipment shipping) and permits.
- Devise a VFX On Set schedule that is built and tracked to final delivery based on approved shoot plan.
- Support Travel Coordinator with any crew relocations (visas, travel and accommodation).
- Support the HOD and SPM in crewing the shoot, including sourcing candidates and facilitating interviews.
While on location:
- Interface between Client Production and Wētā FX to ensure there is an accurate schedule for VFX asset data capture (Photobooth & Cyberscan, texture reference photography and set scanning).
- Coordinate VFX photographers and operators day-to-day schedule for capturing assets for VFX (props, costumes, performers etc) in arrangement with Client production and ADs.
- Support On Set HOD in managing equipment, this may include keeping inventories, coordinating equipment moves between locations and organizing any servicing or repairs.
- Keep accurate and timely records of day to day progress adhering to Weta’s established processes in: On Set Filemaker database, Cost to Date reports and Daily Progress Reports, including crew in/out times and any additional notes.
- Escalate any issues and/or risks to schedule.
Needs to have:
- Knowledge of VFX workflows and live action production.
- Scheduling experience ideally with Excel, Filemaker and QTake.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Working style whereby you pride yourself in taking ownership for your work, following directions, asking questions and raising issues as needed.
- Easily establishes good relationships.
- Effectively facilitates meetings.
At Wētā FX we celebrate our diversity and believe in creating an environment where all our crew feel welcomed, respected, supported and appreciated. We define ourselves by the quality of our work, and we’re striving to build a workplace experience that’s second to none. Here at Wētā FX we value open minds and encourage our crew to be themselves.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Candidates must be Australian Citizens or legal to work in Australia and must be based in Sydney for this role.
Location: Sydney, Australia