Mid/Senior Software Engineer for the Simulation group
Weta Digital seeks a Mid/Senior Software Engineer to join our Simulation Group. This position is within a team of software engineers and researchers that develop and support a large suite of proprietary tools for the simulation of visual effects like fire, water, explosions, hair, cloth, muscles, etc
- Provide software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, analysing data usage and work processes, investigating problem areas
- Manage own workload by tracking & maintaining tasks
- Help set up project plans, including setting project objectives and report on performance
- Maintain a good awareness of departmental pipeline and identify areas of potential improvement
- Guide and support team members
- Extensive knowledge of C++
- Extensive knowledge of OpenGL, QT, OpenMP, Boost.
- Ability to work well in a team and closely with artists.
- Ability to multitask as required in a production environment.
- Experience in implementing and supporting a wide variety of complex software systems.
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of applicable experience in Computer Graphics or VFX
- BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science or a related subject.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand