Weta Digital seeks a Mid/Senior Software Engineer to join our Simulation Group. This position is within a team of software engineers and researchers that develop and support a large suite of proprietary tools for the simulation of visual effects like fire, water, plants, hair, cloth, muscles, etc.
- Develop and deploy simulation software to artists in the Effects and Creature departments.
- Interact closely with artists to gather requirements, validate designs and resolve issues.
- Manage own workload by planning, tracking, and reporting on projects.
- Maintain a good awareness of departmental pipeline and identify areas of potential improvement.
- Extensive experience with C++.
- Experience with SDKs for Houdini, Maya or similar DCC.
- Experience with foundational libraries like OpenGL, QT, TBB/OpenMP, MPI, and Boost.
- Ability to work well in a team, solo and closely with artists.
- Ability to multitask as required in a production environment.
- Experience in implementing and supporting a wide variety of complex software systems.
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of applicable experience in Computer Graphics or VFX
- BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science or a related field.
If this sounds like you - please get in touch!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand