This role is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to join our high-functioning marketing team in developing and executing marketing strategies and campaigns that publicize Weta Digital’s visual effects work and reputation.
This is a creative and varied role that includes social media and website management, copywriting and content creation, administration of conference attendance and speaking opportunities, design oversight, data analytics, and budget management.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you will oversee core projects, and work with the Marketing Coordinator to manage day-to-day functions. You will drive the ongoing efficacy of our social media and website strategies, tracking department budget and, in partnership with the rest of the marketing team, ensure messaging is consistent across deliverables.
A love of the art and technology of entertainment is a plus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Marketing Coordinator to manage and maintain content calendar
- Campaign strategy and execution for specific projects or core technology initiatives
- Story creation and articulation for select projects, working within the overall company positioning
- Management of the marketing deliverables for R&D public facing activities
- Tracking effectiveness of marketing campaigns and delivering effective reporting
- Scheduling/planning and budget management
- Overseeing the company’s attendance at events, such as conferences and media events
- Management and preparation of spokespersons for media and speaking opportunities Presentation building and storytelling through in-person/video delivery platforms
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure successful interactions with senior executives, productions teams and studio contacts
- Strong analytical and reporting capabilities
- Experience managing, creating, and delivering a wide range of marketing campaigns and creative components.
- The ability to work self-sufficiently and manage all facets of a project.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Experience in social media strategy, campaign development and management.
- Comfort and facility with shifting priorities
- Fundamental design and writing skills (strong writer a plus)
- Knowledge of the VFX industry is a bonus, technology background desired
- 7+ years of marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar
Weta Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our diversity and believe in creating an environment where all our crew feel welcomed, respected, supported and appreciated.
Please only apply for this role if you are able to start immediately and are a NZ citizen or have an open work visa with no restrictions in place.
If this sounds like you, apply today - we'd love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand