Mocap/Performance Animators (Motion Editors)
Weta Digital Motion Department are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with realistic motion-captured performances of character and creature animations to high quality standards. We invite applications for Performance animators (Motion Editors) for opportunities, for start dates in 2020 - if you would like to apply for consideration, please see below and register your interest.
The requirements for the role are:
Primarily responsible for editing body motion of captured performances and integrating motion elements into the shot environment.
Performance Animation / Editing Motion includes:
- Repairing contacts and interaction between characters/props/environment/terrain.
- Non-destructive modification of motion to work with the requirements of the shot including staging, spatial and timing adjustments according to directors and supervisors feedback.
- Blending in/out and stitching body motion.
- Improving / adding finger/toe/tail animation, staging, and performance adjustments that includes enhancing/reducing gesture and weight.
- Other editing includes: sharpening/smoothing/exaggerating/reducing and inserting/removing/adding body movement/ body-language/ reaction/ anticipation/ follow-through...
- Understanding of mapping techniques and transferring motion from one character to another.
- Ability to catch and identify technical issues.
Candidates must have:
- Sharp eyes for motion, timing and posture.
- Background in Animation: Good understanding of the principles of Animation
- Experience working with motion-captured performance.
- Attention to details.
- Good communication skills.
- A background in Gaming, Giant / Nuance is a plus.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Location: Wellington - New Zealand