Weta Digital is now looking for a Texture Artist.
- Evidence of strong artistic skills, which can include drawing and painting, must be presented in portfolio/showreel.
- A passion for painting highly detailed photo-realistic textures for work on organic and hard-surface models.
- Have strong initiative and problem solving skills to work efficiently and maintain deadlines under pressures.
- Be able to work from reference and interpret artistic direction from supervisors.
- Experience in look-development such as working with shading networks.
- Advanced knowledge of Mari & Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and UV layout.
- Have good communication skills.
Applicant would also ideally:
- Enjoy being part of a team and be prepared to assist others.
- Be willing to share techniques and experience.
- have Zbrush/Mudbox sculpting experience.
- Procedural texturing experience.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Lighting experience.
Please note: A detailed shot breakdown of all material on reel must be provided with application.
If this sounds like you - please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand