Show Production Manager
Responsible for overall show schedule and for managing everything required for efficient running of the Show. Reports to VFX Producer.
Needs to do
- Create an overall show schedule for all phases of production.
- Schedule and plan resource requirements with the VFX Producer, VFX Supervisor and Resource Manager to plan an effective and efficient approach to completing the show within contractually agreed deadlines.
- Track overall Show Schedule (ie. Shots/Assets). Ensure the VFX team understands the goals and milestone deadlines for assets, shots, sequences and any R&D projects required.
- Responsible for hitting scheduled targets and working with both department production & show production to ensure the schedule is on track.
- Provide regular milestone reports and liaise with departments regarding milestones
- Schedule new turnovers and attend turnover meetings
- Input shots into Shotgun as required
- Establish workflow for organizing and tracking incoming data and then hand off to PA, monitor workflow through out project
- Report Show progress and any delays to VFX Producer
- Inform all necessary parties of any possible/actual delays, reasons and what is being done to avoid further delays. Also, to notify all departments who might be affected by the delay. Adjust schedule accordingly.
- Assist the VFX Producer with the weekly client reports. Liaise with the VFX Producer to ensure the information contained within is accurate at all times.
- Arrange and/or attend senior VFX Supervisor reviews & Director reviews
- If required, communicate with external vendors for Stereo deliveries.
- Manage production team, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly defined. Mentor Production P.A’s.
- Request overtime as necessary for artists to hit their targets. Maintain oversight on the amount of overtime worked, ensuring overtime at all times is productive.
- If requested by VFX Producer, liaise with client to arrange reviews, meetings, conference calls, playlists, deliveries, discuss schedule etc.
- Forecast resources for the show using the Forecasting Spreadsheet if required by VFX Producer
- Track Actual Days vs Bid days on all stages of the pipeline
Needs to know and have
- 2+ years Sequence Management experience in VFX or 2+ years previous experience in VFX Production Management
- Proven scheduling experience with a knowledge of Shotgun
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Good communication skills – including interaction with show production team, department groups and supervisors
- Able to manage clients
- Organised and methodical in approach to work
- Calm and positive demeanor
- Clear in planning with artists, supervisors & clients.
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm
- Experience of onset work preferred
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you.
Location: Wellington - New Zealand