Lookdev - ShaderTD
Expression of interest
Weta Digital is accepting Expressions of Interest for a Shader TD.
Candidates will ideally have at least 5 years of feature film experience and display the following attributes:
- Experience in shading and look developing for photo-realistic feature films.
- Strong LookDev skills (both artistically and technically), with an excellent understanding of physically based shading & rendering.
- Ability to come up with creative, efficient rendering solutions for a wide variety of assets
- Ability to manage multiple assets at the same time, and put them seamlessly together in a visually coherent solution
- Familiarity in Linux and Katana.
- Experience with all aspects of the rendering pipeline.
- Strong communication, task management and organisational skills.
- Experience leading teams or small groups of artists
- Knowledge of Python scripting
- Familiarity in Houdini a plus
- Shader writing experience
Within the Shaders Department at Weta, the work we undertake requires areas of specialised experience and focus; for example Environments, Materials, Characters & FX. Whilst we are looking for people with capabilities in all areas, we're also very interested in talking to Artists who have specific experience in one or more of these areas.
Location: Wellington - New Zealand
Expressions of interest are invited through the usual job application process.