Motion R&D Technical Director
Have you ever written and supported technology that connects users in Film/Feature Animation/Games/Software?
Weta Digital are hiring for the Motion R&D Department to service our Motion artists, pipelines, and workflows (Anim, Motion Edit, Facial Motion, Crowds, Previs, and adjacent departments).
- Strong experience with Maya and/or MotionBuilder
- Strong scripting abilities in python for Maya
- Comfortable with troubleshooting/enhancing/refactoring existing code
- Comfortable with long-term projects and short-term support
- Strong technical and creative problem solving skills
- Experience in visual effects, game or software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical users
- Proactive team player with collaborative development experience
- Friendly and calm when under pressure
- Ability to gather requirements and user feedback independently
- Experience working on a help-desk or as a tutor
- Experience with C++, QT, PyQt/PySide, JIRA, gitlab
- Experience with Nuance
- Experience with Massive
- Familiarity with unit/integration/regression/acceptance testing
- Proponent of clean code design patterns
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand