Motion R&D Technical Director
Expression of interest
Weta Digital is accepting Expressions of Interest for the Motion R&D Department to develop and support software for our Motion artists, pipelines, and workflows (Anim, Motion Edit, Facial Motion, Crowds, Previs, and adjacent departments).
- Excellent programming, problem solving skills
- Solid, proven experience with Python, Qt and PyQt/PySide, C/C++
- Working knowledge of software architecture and design methodologies
- Self-motivated, proactive, adaptable, and passionate team player with collaborative dev experience
- Experienced with organizing and prioritizing development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication with developers, artists, and leadership to understand feature requests and solve production problems
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced/time-critical environments
- Ability to gather requirements and user feedback independently
- Degree in computer science preferred or proof of equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity with JIRA / project management systems
- Experience with version control systems (svn/git-equivalent, CI, etc...)
- Experience with multi-threaded, multi-platform development and performance optimization
- Maya experience desirable, including scripting and programming plugins
- Experience in VFX or AAA Game Studios (3+ years required if overseas)
- Preferred Understanding and experience with Motion Capture pipelines and/or Massive
- Familiarity with unit/integration/regression/acceptance testing
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand
Expressions of interest are invited through the usual job application process.