Technical Director - Artist Support in Los Angeles
Are you a VFX artist with Python experience? Or pipeline developer with experience creating visual effects in Maya? We are looking for someone with experience creating both art and tools to support teams of artists who are creating and animating assets for motion picture visual effects.
Production Engineering supports and builds software to helps our crew make movies. One of our responsibilities is the virtual production system used for motion capture shoots. As a technical director, you will act as liaison between artists and developers, interacting directly with both. You will help artists learn our tools and workflows and communicate problems back to the developers when necessary.
- Provide frontline artist support at a remote facility in Los Angeles.
- Troubleshoot software and liaise with the developer team to get issues resolved.
- Work with developers to identify underlying causes and propose artist-friendly solutions.
- Work with the release manager to test new software and workflows.
- Work with artists to demonstrate new software and workflows and gather feedback.
- Currently reside in, and have the right to work in, the United States
- 2+ years professional experience in the VFX industry as a technical director, pipeline developer or artist
- 2+ years professional experience as a software developer (preferably using Python)
- Be comfortable using Maya or MotionBuilder in complex environments.
- Be comfortable in a Linux development environment.
- Be curious about the underlying concepts, practices, and limitations of VFX.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy exciting and customer focused environments!
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
Location: Los Angeles - USA