Technical Director - Artist Support in Los Angeles
Production Engineering supports and builds software to helps our crew make movies. One of our responsibilities is the virtual production system used for motion capture shoots. As a technical director, you will work directly with artists and developers, communicating problems back to the developers and helping artists better use our pipeline tools.
- Provide frontline artist support at a remote facility in Los Angeles.
- Troubleshoot software and liaise with the developer team to get them resolved.
- Work with developers to identify underlying causes and propose artist friendly solutions.
- Work with the release manager to test new software and workflows.
- Work with artists to demonstrate new software and workflows and gather feedback.
- Currently reside in, and have the right to work in, the United States.
- Have 3+ years professional experience in the VFX industry as a TD or pipeline developer.
- Have professional experience as a Python developer.
- Be comfortable using Maya and MotionBuilder in complex environments.
- Be comfortable in a Linux development environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy exciting and customer focused environments!
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
Location: Los Angeles - USA