Pipeline Technical Director - Los Angeles
Are you a technical director with experience supporting a wide range of VFX software? Or a pipeline developer experienced in rapid-response artist support and development? Are you seeking a rewarding, fast-paced work environment? We are looking for someone skilled in developing, debugging and user training to support both a motion capture stage as well as artists creating content for motion picture visual effects.
Production Engineering supports and builds software that helps our crew make movies. One of our responsibilities is the virtual production toolset used for motion capture shoots and content creation by artists. As a pipeline technical director, you will act as a liaison between software development teams and both on-stage motion capture operators and off-stage artists. You will help users learn our tools and workflows, develop solutions and document/communicate issues back to the developers when necessary.
- Provide front line support across a range of custom software during motion capture shoots
- Provide front line support for artists creating content
- Troubleshoot software, debug issues and liaise with external development teams
- Rapidly develop and deploy new tools and solutions, directly interfacing with users for feedback
- Assist in testing new software and workflows
- Assist in gathering feedback and user requirements
- Currently reside in, and have the right to work in, the United States
- 3+ years professional experience in the VFX industry as a technical director, pipeline developer or software engineer
- 3+ years professional experience as a software developer (preferably using Python and/or C++)
- Be comfortable working in a Linux development environment
- Some experience writing interfaces in PySide/PyQt
- Familiarity with the underlying concepts, practices, and systems of VFX
- Familiarity with using and developing for common DCC apps (ie Maya or MotionBuilder)
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Be willing to work stage production hours (potential for either early start or late finish)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy exciting and customer focused environments!
- Experience and familiarity with motion capture systems
- Broad knowledge of a VFX pipeline
If this sounds like you – we would LOVE to hear from you!
Location: Los Angeles - USA