Survey & Photo Department Manager
We are looking for a Department Manager to join our Survey and Photo Department.
The Survey & Photo department has a crew of approx. 15. The team are involved in multiple projects based in various international locations as well as our base in Wellington. The department is responsible for all scanning, photographic capture and processing of onset assets & data, which is then utilized by multiple downstream dependents.
The role is primarily scheduling, planning and resource-based, entailing the close management and support of crew, as well as oversight of all department equipment & deliverables.
- Forecast resource requirements for the department
- Maintain an overview of department schedule and manage resource requirements
- Oversee all scheduling across the department proactively identifying issues and risks
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the requirements and challenges of incoming shows shared across the department.
- Ensure all incoming data is assigned and processed in a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure all equipment is sent, tracked and returned across active shows, all carnets and shipping arrangements are completed in good time
- Ensure weekly departmental progress reports are delivered
- Ensure any planned development work related to training, tools or pipeline is factored into any show milestones
- Work to identify areas where development of crew skill-sets can benefit current or upcoming projects.
- Oversee department recruitment strategy.
Needs to know and have:
- Minimum 3 years practical onset experience
- Experience with international shipping, logistics & carnet generation
- Strong communication skills
- Effective in crew management, including fostering career development within the team.
- Proven scheduling experience, knowledge of Shotgun & Filemaker is advantageous
- Strong leadership qualities, with a confidence to front department plans and form solid relationships with crew
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!