Motion Production Manager
Weta Digital is looking to hire a Motion Department Production Manager to join our growing Production team.
We are keen to talk to experienced production candidates who have a track record of scheduling and managing through to delivery, large volumes of work on complex VFX projects.
The Motion Dept Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire schedule of a single project, or a substantial component of a single project within a department at Weta Digital.
- Managing either the entirety, or a significant proportion of a large show. Supporting senior management team with the planning of resource requirements, and ensuring a comprehensive schedule is built, maintained and tracked through to final delivery
- Sharing responsibility for scheduled targets and working with both department production and show production to ensure the schedule is on track, ensuring that risks and changes are communicated clearly and in good time.
- Reporting on weekly progress, including Stacks (milestone) updates, passing on relevant client feedback and any other supporting information that would benefit the team
Needs to know and have:
- Proven scheduling experience and knowledge of scheduling tools, ideally database knowledge, preferably Shotgun.
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Organised and able to multi-task, especially with regards to fielding queries from, and providing updates to multiple groups.
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm
- Able to troubleshoot & solve problems
- Calm and personable under pressure and when working to tight deadlines.
- Able to delegate effectively and provide mentoring to Production Coordinators & Assistants
- A minimum of 3+ years experience working in VFX production
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!