Matte Artist - Short Term
Expression of interest
Weta Digital are now taking expressions of interest for possible short term roles opening up with our Matte Painting team in 2020.
Due to the Covid-19 travel restrictions in place, we are currently looking for Expressions of Interest from New Zealand Residents, and Matte Artists currently based in New Zealand only
We are currently looking for talented and experienced artists to create high end matte painting environments. Applicants should have a strong eye for photo-realism and technical proficiency with latest 2D and 3D environment workflows.
- Create, extend or enhance shot environments using a combination 2.5D and 3D Digimatte methodologies.
- Development of env assets and lookdev to support DMP work across an environment or sequence.
- Integration of photographic and rendered elements to achieve photo-real results.
- Efficient and accessible organization of complex 2.5D and 3D set ups for share with other artists
- Collaborate across disciplines to deliver shot work while supporting various departments' needs.
- Assist DMP supervision/management when planning workflows and scheduling work.
- Effectively communicate with artists, supervisors, and production daily to flag issues and offer solutions.
- Ability to work closely with both artists and production to solve problems within a production schedule.
- Ability to convey and incorporate ideas across multiple disciplines
- Proactive, Flexible and Collaborative approach to work.
- 5+ years of applicable experience in feature film, games, or similar
- Professional experience with Nuke, Photoshop, and Maya.
- Experience using Clarisse, Photogrammetry, Terragen, Mari, Houdini, Zbrush, etc a plus.
- Some Proficiency with Lighting, Compositing, Modeling, Lookdev, Concept Illustration all helpful.
- Exposure to Linux/KDE
- BFA or equivalent in Painting, Photography, Computer Graphics or similar
- Interest in painting, drawing, sculpting, etc.
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you.
Expressions of interest are invited through the usual job application process.