Weta Digital is looking for Fur Groomers for upcoming projects:
Creation and maintenance of hair & fur grooms for characters and creatures using Weta's proprietary software.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya
- Good eye for detail and ability to match reference or artwork
- Good communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Able to take direction from clients, directors, supervisors or leads
- Willing to learn our proprietary fur system
- Work to deadlines and within production schedules
- A balance of technically and artistically minded
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- An understanding of VFX production pipelines
- Ability to work with an intuitive rather than procedural grooming system.
- Previous experience in similar roles
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems
- Experience with other fur systems (either commercial or proprietary)
- Knowledge of lighting, rendering and/or scripting
- Ability to model in other areas a bonus
If this sounds like you - please get in touch!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand