Support Desktop Engineer
Weta Digital’s IT Department is looking for an IT Support Desktop Engineer to join their busy team.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and approachable person to help maintain our desktop computer infrastructure. Applicants should be conscientious, strong in problem solving and attention to detail, work independently as well as in a team and occasionally be prepared to work flexible hours.
Typical tasks in this role include:
- Helping users troubleshoot hardware, networking or software issues.
- Upgrading hardware and software.
- Being part of a project team to improve end user desktop experience.
- Hardware provision.
- Some system administration tasks.
This is a desktop support position and an ideal skill set will include:
- A motivated, dynamic and customer focused outlook.
- An understanding of, or willingness to learn about Linux desktop operating systems. In addition, a working knowledge of Windows or OSX desktop systems.
- Excellent general computer knowledge (basic networking, common application familiarity, hardware).
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an IT support role (eg on a helpdesk or as a technician).
- A relevant tertiary or industry IT qualification.
- Willingness to engage in a range of work; from light physical work (that can be tailored to the individual) to helping digital artists troubleshoot software/hardware issues, to administrating back room infrastructure and everything in between.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain accurate electronic records. In particular hardware and software inventories and IT helpdesk issue tracking systems.
- First class interpersonal skills with an ability to work as part of a team.
This is not a remote opportunity, applicants must reside in and be lawful to work in New Zealand.
We offer a flexible, creative, dynamic and supportive environment and the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology. We are an equal opportunity organisation who value diversity.
If you’re ready to join our amazing team, and work at one of the world’s premiere visual effects companies, please apply without delay.
Location: Wellington - New Zealand