Realtime Rendering Researcher
The Rendering Department at Weta Digital is building advanced production rendering technology for high-quality final frame rendering, as well as consistent and interactive visualisation. We are searching for a real-time rendering expert to expand our rendering team to evolve ourGPU-based inhouse rendering engine. This engine is an essential part in the creative process of our production pipeline for lighting, virtual production, scene layout and modelling.
An extensive understanding of state of the art interactive rendering and optimisation techniques for modern GPU hardware architectures is required. In this position you will work in a team of highly skilled rendering researchers and your work will directly impact how artists will transform their creativity to cinematic movie production in our studio.
- Research and implement new rendering techniques to advance visual fidelity and performance.
- Design and evolve a highly performant and robust realtime rendering architecture that scales to complex production demands.
- Improve and maintain existing code to improve quality, reliability, and maintainability.
- Find and fix bugs. Proactively test new and existing features to ensure the highest levels of quality and robustness.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar discipline.
- 5 years of programming experience in C++/CUDA/GLSL or related language.
- Up do date knowledge of real-time rendering research, in particular ray tracing.
- Strong foundations in of physically based shading models and light transport algorithms.
- Experience with realtime rendering APIs as OpenGL, Vulkan and OptiX.
- Experience of debugging, profiling and optimising rendering code on GPUs.
- Strong knowledge of core algorithms, multi-threading techniques and mathematics commonly used in rendering.
- A team-oriented, customer-focused mindset.
- Experience in movie or video game production.
- Experience with commercial content creation packages for movie or video game production (e.g. maya, houdini, or katana).
- Knowledge of recent realtime raytracing API extensions.
- Familiarity with Linux and programming tools such as valgrind, vtune, git, Nsight etc.
- Proven track record of advancing research in computer graphics (publications, conferences, etc.)
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand